points - Details)
- This elegant journal provides plenty of space for personal reflection, sketching, or jotting down favorite quotations and poems.
- Lightly-lined, acid-free archival-quality paper takes pen or pencil beautifully.
- Popular small-format size — 5 inches wide by 7 inches high — fits easily in most bags and backpacks.
- Convenient inside back cover pocket for notes, reminders, business cards, and more.
- Our elegant Hydrangeas design, in shades of indigo, cerise, and wisteria, is set off against a white background.
- Silver foil highlights add eye-catching detail.
- A coordinating elastic band in plum is attached to the back cover to keep your place or to keep your journal closed.
- Complementary endsheets in azure blue.
- 160 pages.
- Matches Peter Pauper Press’s other Hydrangeas gifts and stationery.
From the Publisher
Hydrangeas Small Journal
Let your writing bloom within the pages of this elegant little journal!
Pen your wishes, whimsies, dreams, and plans within the pages of this lovely journal
Gorgeous Cover Design
Our journal design celebrates the hydrangea, which is among the world’s most popular flowering plants. Lovely star-shaped flowers bloom in a myriad of hues, accented with dots of glimmering silver foil.
Mid-weight ivory paper is luxuriously smooth. Light gray lines subtly guide your writing. Archival quality meets international standards for permanence. The sewn binding lies flat.
Tuck receipts, favorite photos, notes, tickets, cards, and more into the back cover pocket, which expands for ease of access. To secure everything, pull the elastic band closure over the cover when you shut the journal.
Lovely and Functional
Peter Pauper Press’s small journals combine charm and practicality
Each hardcover volume features rounded corners for reduced wear; a coordinating elastic closure to protect the pages from hard knocks; and a sturdy sewn binding.
Perfect for pen and pencil alike
Pens and fine-line markers lay down crisp ink without feathering or bleed-through.Colored pencil shows up vividly. Graphite erases cleanly with light pressure. Gel and felt-tip pens work well, too.
Little details like complementary lavender endpapers and raised endbands complete the design. Compact size fits easily into most backpacks, purses, and totes.
About our Hydrangeas Journal:
160 lightly lined pages.
Acid-free archival-quality paper.
Cover design sparkles with silver foil accents.
Inside back cover pocket.
Matching elastic band closure.
Journal measures 5” wide x 7” high.
Our Company History
In 1928, at the age of twenty-two, Peter Beilenson began printing books on a small press in the basement of his parents’ home in Larchmont, New York. Peter—and later, his wife, Edna—sought to create fine books that sold at ”prices even a pauper could afford.”
Today, still family owned and operated, Peter Pauper Press continues to honor our founders’ legacy—and our customers’ expectations—of beauty, quality, and value.
Image: Peter Pauper Press headquarters, circa 1948.